1) Always keep your tape:
- Rewind to avoid having to do data recovery;
- Inside the proper box (do not leave inside the video cassette);
- In the vertical position.
2) Never leave the tapes near the following places:
- Over ACOUSTIC BOXES;
- On top of TVs, DVD players and other electronic equipment to avoid having data recovery software usage;
- Exposed to the SUN;
- Inside your video;
- In HORIZONTAL position;
- In places with DUST.
3) Remember, videotape is very sensitive and has a shelf life of 7 to 10 years (the more well preserved, the longer it will last!). Remember that there are data recovery services for when you need.
Basic Care with Your VHS:
4) If you are watching a video tape recorded on VHS and start seeing distortions and drizzles in the picture, do not blame your VCR, let alone … Read the rest
Your average computer user doesn’t really understand how data storage works. Most of them just know that if you press a save button, it will just store in something called a ‘hard drive.’ They don’t actually know the science behind it and they don’t really care. As long as they can retrieve their files when they need it, it is all well and good.
Unfortunately, many of us will encounter data loss at some point in our lives. Depending on the extent of the data loss, it can leave a lasting mark on our daily lives. If the data you lose is a big part of your business for instance, it can negatively impact the way you process your business. Point is, you really can’t predict the impact of a data loss on your life until you experience it yourself.… Read the rest
With many businesses moving in the way of using technology in their field, there is a large amount of data that needs to be stored. These information is critical in keeping the business running and may cause a collapse if something bad happens to it. This is why a data backup is needed in case something bad happens to the data. It is absolutely important that data backup is done because a lot of accidents can cause damage on essential hardware. Things such as fire and flood can wipe out your business entire database and that would have a huge effect when you start your business again.
Accidents do happen and this is the main reason why backing up your data is absolutely essential. In this day and age, where extra data storage is cheap, there’s no excuse to having … Read the rest